June 4, 2020
I hope this message finds you and your family in good health during these difficult times.
As we recently reported, we are preparing to reopen the Illumination Early Learning Center on Monday, June 8, 2020.
The Illumination Early Learning Center will be following infection control procedures recommended by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and will continue to work with our local health officials as well as the Governor’s Office. Our plan is having children in the same group each day, and the same childcare providers will remain with the same group each day.
Other procedures including:
- Staggering arrival and drop off times and plan to limit direct contact with parents as much as possible.
- Hand hygiene stations will be set up at the entrance of the facility, so that children can clean their hands before they enter.
- Screen each Child Upon Arrival
- Upon arrival, faculty will wash their hands and put on a facemask, and a single pair of disposable gloves.
- Faculty and Staff will make a visual inspection of the child for signs of illness.
- Take the child’s temperature.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol or wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Child Care staff will escort child to their own classroom.
- Primary teacher will “sign” child in upon arrival.
- Families/guardians will contact center management when they arrive.
- Center management/ primary teachers will sign child out of classroom and escort child to front lobby.
- Families/guardians will then be notified to pick child up.
Clean and Disinfect
- Toys that can be put in the mouth will be cleaned and sanitized. Other hard surfaces, including diaper changing stations, doorknobs, and floors will be disinfected.
- Surfaces and objects that are frequently touched, especially toys and games will be routinely sanitized. This may also include cleaning objects/surfaces not ordinarily cleaned daily such as doorknobs, light switches, classroom sink handles, countertops, cots, desks, chairs, cubbies, and playground structures.
Signs of Illness:
- If a child develops a temperature or signs of illness while at the center, they will be taken to the office to be isolated, to ensure the safety of all the children and staff.
Parent/Guardian will be contacted and will need to pick up their child within one hour.
After Hours Cleaning:
- Daily after 6pm, an outside cleaning company will come into the Illumination Early Learning Center to conduct a very thorough cleaning.
This list is a sampling of procedures that our Center will follow. These are challenging times that require extraordinary measures to ensure the health and safety of every child.
I look forward to welcoming our Early Childhood families back to our JCC.
Chief Executive Officer