On October 7, 2023, during the holiday of Shemini Atzeret, Hamas terrorists launched a brutal and unprecedented attack on Israel from Gaza, firing thousands of rockets, breaching the country’s borders, with significant numbers killed and hospitalized and an estimated 212 hostages taken including babies, children, the elderly and disabled. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu declared that Israel was at war to defend itself and gave the order for the IDF to commence “Operation Swords of Iron.”
Along with Jewish Federations across the United States, our community is raising funds to support victims of terror, help rebuild damaged infrastructure, and address the unprecedented levels of trauma caused by this horrific attack on Israel.
100% of the funds raised goes directly to emergency relief and will be distributed serve the following basic needs of the Israeli people in the wake of this devastating attack:
– Food, and financial assistance support for the frontline communities
– Immediate cash grants to all victims for care, trauma relief and psychosocial care
– Emergency, medical services and healthcare
– Targeted assistance to vulnerable populations
– Local efforts and volunteers
Now, more than ever, they need your support. Israel will prevail and we will stand together as we always do. Am Yisrael Chai.