On October 7, 2023, during the holiday of Shemini Atzeret, Hamas terrorists launched an unprecedented attack on Israel from Gaza, firing thousands of rockets, breaching the country’s borders, with significant numbers killed and hospitalized. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu declared that Israel was at war to defend itself and gave the order for the IDF to commence “Operation Swords of Iron.”
As a member of the Jewish Federations of North America, we are joining Jewish Federations across the United States in raising funds to support victims of terror, help rebuild damaged infrastructure, and address the unprecedent levels of trauma caused by this horrific attack.
100% of the funds raised goes directly to emergency relief and will be distributed serve the following basic needs of the Israeli people in the wake of this devastating attack:
– Food, and financial assistance support for the frontline communities
– Immediate cash grants to all victims for care, trauma relief and psychosocial care
– Emergency, medical services and healthcare
– Targeted assistance to vulnerable populations
– Local efforts and volunteers
Now, more than ever, they need your support. Israel will prevail and the Jewish people will stand together as we always do. Am Yisrael Chai.