There are several ways to give to the JCC. Questions? Contact Gary Bernstein at (570) 824-4646 or email@example.com
Credit Card Gift by Phone
We accept American Express, VISA and MasterCard by phone. Call 570-824-4646 between 9:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. (EST), Monday-Friday.
Donate with Stock and Securities
Securities should be transferred through the DTC Clearing system using the following instructions:
- Morgan Stanley DTC #0015
- Account Name: Jewish Community Alliance of NEPA
- Further credit to Account #842-105494-106
Pledge or Donate by Mail
Please provide your name, and how you would like your gift credited.
Mail may be sent to:
Attn: Finance Office
613 SJ Strauss Lane
Kingston, PA 18704
To learn about volunteering opportunities please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Jewish Community Alliance of Northeastern Pennsylvania’s Annual Campaign is an incredibly responsive grassroots effort dedicated to strengthening and supporting our Jewish community from the ground up.
Welcome to our community, where the values of compassion, charity, generosity, and responsibility inspire us to improve the quality of life for people in our community every day.
Become an annual supporter of our many wonderful programs serving children, families and seniors throughout our community by participating in our Annual Campaign.
Sending a tribute card is an excellent way to honor a memory or an accomplishment while simultaneously supporting the Friedman JCC. These cards can be sent for any reason including birthdays, B’nai mitzvahs, graduations, and more!
For an $5 minimum donation, you may send a tribute card to honor someone’s special occasion that supports a variety of JCC program areas. You may also request a packet of 5 blank tribute cards for a donation of $25.
We greatly appreciate your support in helping the JCC grow stronger as a thriving community center. Todah Rabah (Thank You) for allowing us to continue to provide a welcoming home that enriches the lives of people in our community.
Here are the following card options:
- Friedman JCC Scholarship Fund for JCC Camp Scholarship – Help needy and deserving youth attend the Friedman JCC camp.
- Sara’s Table at the Kraus-Chaiken Food Pantry – Provides food for needy families in the community.
- Howard and Carol Schneider Lidz Endowment in memory of Morris and Doris Lidz – Educational experience in Israel for Teens.
- Cimmet Endowment – Senior Adult Fund to provide educational and cultural activities to members of the Friedman JCC.
- Alan Rosenberg Memorial Fund – To provide support for children to partake in educational, fitness, and cultural programs at the Friedman JCC.
- Fred and Margot Schwager Endowment Fund – To bring Jewish cultural and educational programs to the JCC.
- Help Those in Need Fund – A fund that will aid individuals and families in need.
For more information, please contact Barbara Sugarman at 570-824-4646 X 210
Create a lasting legacy for a loved one, a business, or a family member through a multitude of Naming Opportunities and Giving Levels. Though we opened the doors to our bright, new 13.5acre campus in 2019, we haven’t yet fully launched a public Capital Campaign fundraising effort to achieve our goal. Be among the first to give! Make your pledge today with an option to fulfill over multiple years.
Your company can transform the lives of our young children through the Educational Improvement Tax Credit (EITC) program. By making a contribution to the JCC scholarship fund through EITC, your company can receive Pa. State tax credit equal to 75 percent of your contribution. If your company commits to the program for two consecutive years, the credit will be 90 percent of your contribution.
How It Works
- More than $75 million is available on a first-comefirst-served basis for contributions to scholarship organizations like the JCC.
- Companies in Pennsylvania that pay any of the following taxes qualify to participate:
– Corporate Net Income Tax
– Capital Stock Franchises Tax
– Bank and Trust Company Shares Tax
– Title Insurance Companies Shares Tax
– Insurance Premiums Tax
– Mutual Thrift Insurance Premium Tax
- Information regarding application deadlines can be found here.*
What is the Educational Improvement Tax Credit (EITC) Program?
The EITC Program enables companies to support nonprofit schools at minimal cost. Instead of sending tax dollars to Harrisburg, companies can reallocate them to support the JCC.
Who may make EITC gifts?
You might be surprised. Businesses ranging from neighborhood pharmacies, to mid-sized companies, to large corporations all are eligible. This includes the following type of businesses:
- C-Corporations (taxed at the corporate level)
- Sole Proprietors
- Limited Liability Companies (LLC’s)
- Subchapter S corporations and other businesses that pay their State business taxes under the personal income tax on PA business income
How much of a business’ tax liability can be donated to Friedman JCC through EITC
Businesses can receive a tax credit equal to 75% of a contribution up to $750,000 per year. The credit increases to 90% if the business agrees to provide the same amount for two years.
Can the JCC help me apply?
Yes. We will work with you. We want to make the process as simple as possible. Contact Gary Bernstein at 570-824-4646 or email@example.com
Thanks to our Participants
Dr. Matthew & Susan Berger
Eastern Auto Motor Corp
First National Bank of PA
Hillcrest Produce Company
I 2 M
Luzerne National Bank
M & T Bank
Penn Footwear Co.
Town Business Center
UHS of Delaware, Inc.
UPMC Health Plan
By making a bequest you can leave an enduring gift that will help advance the viability of the JCC for future generations. We welcome the opportunity to discuss with you a named commemoration in a scholarship, award, or another initiative. You may also wish to consider naming a family member or a loved one as a lasting memorial.
Corporate sponsorship is an opportunity to support the Friedman JCC while building your corporate presence in Northeastern Pennsylvania.
Dedicate a Mezuzah in honor of or in memory of a loved one in the Friedman JCC with a minimum donation of $1800 to the building campaign.
A great way to honor your family, memorialize a loved one, or share your connection to the Friedman JCC. The pavers will be located in the Kornfeld Courtyard.